These ALTEF breath collection bags (made of PVDF film) with mouthpiece are developed for breath-gas sampling/ analysis and are available in 0,6/ 1 or 1,2 liter. The breath collection bags have a polypropylene Jaco fitting with mouthpiece which makes the bags ideal for collecting samples of human breath health. The breath samples can be analysed for volatile organic compounds (VOCs) or volatile sulphur compounds (VSCs). Some examples of the applications are: Lung cancer detection, Diabetes detection, Organ rejection detection, Fructose malabsorption with hydrogen breath test and Carbon monoxide poisoning detection.
Instructions breath collection bags
- User begins by blowing/exhaling into the mouthpiece while opening the valve, by easily pushing the stem inward, toward the bag
- To close the valve, the user pushes the collection bag outward with their free hand, which causes the stem to pull outward, into its closed position
- Breath sample is collected and valve is locked into its closed position to eliminate any loss during transport
- To extract breath sample for testing, the lab can either:
- Insert syringe needle through base mounted septum
- Insert a Luer connector end of syringe into open end of mouthpiece, creating airtight connection.
Sizes and liters breath-gas ALTEF bags
The ALTEF bags for breath-gas sampling are available in the following sizes. You can select the desired bags in the drop down menu above. The bags will be delivered in a package of 10 bags.
- 0,6 Liter: 6 x 6 inch / 15,24 x 15,24 cm
- 1 Liter: 7 x 7 inch / 17,78 cm x 17,78 cm
- 1,2 Liter: 6 x 10 inch / 15,24 cm x 25,40 cm
Properties ALTEF bags
- ALTEF bags are made of .003” thick film
- Excellent alternative to Tedlar bags for collection of most VOCs.
- Unlike Tedlar bags, ALTEF bags do not produce background levels of dimethylacetamide (DMAC) or phenol.
- Very low VOC and sulfur background compared to Tedlar bags.
- Not recommended for ketones, acetates, hydrogen sulfide, or permanent gases.
- Durable polyvinylidene fluoride (PVDF) film is resistant to abrasion and chemicals, including most acids and organic compounds.
- Contain no additives, fillers, or pigments.