Tedlar Bags for breath-gas sampling
These Tedlar bags with mouthpiece are developed for breath-gas sampling/ analysis and are available in 0,6/ 1 or 1,2 liter. The breath collection bags have a polypropylene Jaco fitting with mouthpiece which makes the bags ideal for collecting samples of human breath health. The breath samples can be analysed for volatile organic compounds (VOCs) or volatile sulphur compounds (VSCs). Some examples of the applications are: Lung cancer detection, Diabetes detection, Organ rejection detection, Fructose malabsorption with hydrogen breath test and Carbon monoxide poisoning detection.
Instructions breath-gas sampling bags
- User begins by blowing/exhaling into the mouthpiece while opening the valve, by easily pushing the stem inward, toward the bag
- To close the valve, the user pushes the collection bag outward with their free hand, which causes the stem to pull outward, into its closed position
- Breath sample is collected and valve is locked into its closed position to eliminate any loss during transport
- To extract breath sample for testing, the lab can either:
- Insert syringe needle through base mounted septum
- Insert a Luer connector end of syringe into open end of mouthpiece, creating airtight connection.
Sizes and liters breath-gas Tedlar bags
The Tedlar bags for breath-gas sampling are available in the following sizes. You can select the desired bags in the drop down menu above. The bags will be delivered in a package of 10 bags.
- 0,6 Liter: 6 x 6 inch / 15,24 x 15,24 cm
- 1 Liter: 7 x 7 inch / 17,78 cm x 17,78 cm
- 1,2 Liter: 6 x 10 inch / 15,24 cm x 25,40 cm
Regular Tedlar bags
Are you looking for the regular Tedlar bags without a mouthpiece? Click here for an overview of our Tedlar bags with, for example, a single polypropylene, PTFE or stainless steel fitting.
Research: are Tedlar bags suitable for breath-gas sampling
There are multiple publications on the use of Tedlar bags for breath-gas sampling for medical diagnostic purposes. The conclusion of these publications is that the Tedlar bags are suitable for breath-gas sampling. For the use of Tedlar bags, a standardized protocol is advised, where the time point of analysis is fixed for all samples and should be kept as close as possible to the time of sampling.
You can read more about this topic in this and this publication on researchgate.